With the IPL 2020 set to begin on 19th September, people are already gushing over all the latest IPL news and keeping up with the latest match updates. The Indian Premier League has been the most celebrated and one of the biggest T20 tournaments in the world of cricket. This tournament has created opportunities for many young cricketers to shine while paving their way to the National team. It is because of IPL, the Indian National Cricket team has gained some amazing and fresh talents, who rose from IPL to fix a spot in the national team:
- Shardul Thakur- In the initial years of his IPL, Shardul Thakur was picked up by Kings XI Punjab from 2014-2016, where he only played one match in three years. In the biggest turning point of his career, Thakur was selected by Rising Pune Supergiants for the 2017 IPL season. The tall seamer gave his all to this new opportunity and took 11 wickets in 11 games. After witnessing his brilliant IPL season, Thakur was included in the ODI squad against Sri Lanka in December 2017. From here, the potential youngster has been quite regular on the Indian national team, playing and winning games for his country along with the team.
- Yuzvendra Chahal– Yuzvendra Chahal, the excellent leggie made his IPL debut with Mumbai Indians but failed to have a successful season with them. But later when he was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore in the 2014 IPL auction, his career sky-rocketed. He has been a key player for RCB since then and contributed to the team with his splendid bowling attack. Chahal made his ODI and T20 debut for the Indian national team against Zimbabwe in 2016 after two years of amazing IPL performance. He is yet to make his Test debut for the country. He is one of the best players IPL has given to the national team.
- Shreyas Iyer- In 2015, the Delhi Daredevils (now Capitals), bought Shreyas Iyer for 2.6 crores making him the highest-earning uncapped player. The youngster didn’t disappoint his team as he went to score 439 runs in just 14 matches with an average of 33.76, making him the 9th most consistent and emerging player of 2015 IPL. Skipper Kohli added him to the 2017 Test Squad against Australia and made him the substitute fielder in the 4th test. Later he made his T20 debut against New Zealand in October 2017. Iyer has now become one of the young and potential talents on the national team.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar– Uttar Pradesh’s Bhuvneshwar Kumar was selected in 2011 IPL but became more famous after his stunning and incredible performance in 2014 playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad. Leading the bowling attack along with international star Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar has become the most important player for the Sunrisers team. But he was already selected for the 2012 Test squad against Pakistan where he took a three-wicket haul. He has also shown his potential by his swing performance with the white bowl and also is the only player to have a five-wicket haul in all three formats.
- Hardik Pandya– One of the most recognized Indian cricket players, Hardik Pandya made his way into the 2015 IPL’s Mumbai Indians squad after an incredible performance in domestic cricket. Later, he made his international ODI and T20 debut against New Zealand and Australia respectively. Due to his potential, a year later he was included in the Test squad against Sri Lanka. Pandya has now become one of India’s key all-rounders and a star player.
For more such cricket stories from the IPL 2020 and live cricket news, just follow Cricdaddy live score and updates section.